Elder Cody Nathaniel Ridley

Elder Cody Nathaniel Ridley
Barranquilla, Colombia

Monday, January 24, 2011

1-24-11 email

Mom,

Sounds like the weekend was quite enjoyable. Sounds like a peaceful uplifting weekend with the family and friends. I am glad to hear everyone got there safe. Weekends like those are the ones that we remember most and want to have those kind of days all the time. Tell Shayna good job with her receiving the YW award. I have received Brianne's letter and I replied over two weeks ago and sent it. I did get her letter over a month ago, but I want able to reply right away. Hopefully she understands my time needs to be spent on other things, but hopefully she has received it by now. I am glad Joseph finally got my letter it took several weeks to get caught up with other letters to be able to have the time to finally write him my thoughts. I have been able to spend a lot of time with Elder Moore since the last two weeks he has been there. I only him bu my district, and the whole zone. I have totally forgotten that I asked you these things. Its because I feel prompted at those moments to say it. I do have one more request with the whole family and that is to type a brief testimony each of the family to put on my blog. I don't know if Skyler has done that yet, but I did ask him to. I feel it will be a good thing to have on the blog. Little things like that will make a big difference.

I understand that missionaries are not perfect and I wasn't before I came her but I am working on fixing things I can fix through the atonement and working everyday to find moments to feel the spirit.

Mom did you check out the music on the LDS.org website? I went to the temple today and it been more of a blessing being here than I felt prior to coming to the MTC. I feel even still, the MTC is a spiritual place, but still not like the temple and to go there and to release everything that's so crazy here in the MTC is so nice. I love it and the peace I feel there. It's exciting to hear of dad's great news in the temple and can't wait to one day go again with the whole family. A lot of the Elders here in my district are wanting to do sealings but for me not so much. I tell them I want it to be something new when I get back and to have the first opportunity to be with my parents.

Well officially only two more weeks to go till I leave for Colombia! We are scheduled to leave not this next Monday, but the one after that. We should be getting our travel plans this Thursday and have a few meetings next week about what to expect. Anyways my time is short here and I will promise to write this week since I finally have your e-mails and dear elders to reply to.
Love you Mom,
Love the family
Thanks for the support.

LOVE,

Elder Cody N. Ridley

No comments:

Post a Comment