Elder Cody Nathaniel Ridley

Elder Cody Nathaniel Ridley
Barranquilla, Colombia

Friday, January 7, 2011

12-27

Mom,

Ya! I have heard of it the Dear Elder delivery. It works very well for the missionaries in the MTC. I'll be able to receive it as many as you send through out the day. Lately we have been checking the mail a lot because of the holiday season not so much now. We figured we waist a lot of time checking-hahaha.
This pass weekend was filled with fireside and devotionals. We had three visits from Elder Russell M. Nelson. The first meeting just brought the Christmas spirit, which was nice. The next meeting gave me hope for the future and the last meeting just made me feel like I have so much to learn. I will write in the letter some notes or thoughts I put down. The day itself was pretty relaxing, but we obviously always have a schedule. So we woke up had some egg, sausage and hash browns for breakfast. Went to a talent show that lasted three hours. The MTC has some real talent. When I get back I want to take a beginners piano class. Then we had an early Christmas dinner in the afternoon with potatoes, stuffing and turkey. Later we had our devotional. Our dinner more of a snack lunch. Afterwards we watched a Christmas Carol play. So my whole day was filled with bringing the spirit of Christmas.

Oh I did get your last package, the one that said wait to open on Christmas. I cant go without one day looking through it, so thank you!

I really enjoyed the night Skyler and his buddies came over at Thanksgiving and so I am sure it was load of fun and feeling of the experiences that they had happen.

Facebook, Facebook facebook-now being here it makes me realize how silly it really is....

The book you mentioned, The Infinite Atonement, just the title alone sounds amazing. I have learned a lot in here. I cant wait to sit down one night and read all my journal entries with the family.
I have missed going to the temple. It's going to be about a total of three weeks before I will get the chance to go. I went since I could go, once a week was my goal. Next week it re-opens so we will get back into our normal routine. I am sure Skyler and everyone that went to the Temple, enjoyed the time being in the present of spirit.
Awesome! I am glad that Brooke and Ryan enjoyed it. I figured it was the right thing to get since being out here. Thats what my life is! Thats what my life will be about in the future. Jesus Christ is everything. Well my time is about coming to an end. Cant wait for your letter. Yo amo mi famalia. The church is true I promise. Speak to you soon.

Elder Ridley
.

No comments:

Post a Comment