Elder Cody Nathaniel Ridley

Elder Cody Nathaniel Ridley
Barranquilla, Colombia

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

1-30-11 Letter

Famalia,
Hola, Que Bueno!? Como Estais? (How are ye all)? I would normally just say como estan but different practice helps me with Spanish.
I need everyone to learn some for when I get back. They call it the language of love and I can see why. I don't think you know this, per in Espanol when talking to our Heavenly Father you use the tu form instead of the usted form. Porque? You only use that form when you know someone very close and they know you. Our Heavenly Father and Savior knows us very well in this case. Just thought I would share that.
I and coming to understand more in depth the Plan of Salvation and how the atonement is so important with the judgment. It's hard to explain because I fully haven't search it myself, but it has been a topic of discussion for the last few days. Some of my goals recently have been to find my place. when do I step in to help or not, when do I step in say something or when to give a teaching lesson to the Elders in my district. It has been difficult and can be challenging, but I keep moving and progressing. Another goal for the district is we want to step up our level of work habits and everything else that goes with missionary work befor we get into the missin field. We need to continue to progress by using the atonement everyday to readh our forever eternal goals.

Your experience with Brother Boaz Mom is not a normal thing and I am sure it was amusing. Also I have told my companion about the need to pray for family so we are both keeping them in our prayers. It seems that things have changed a lot in the last two months being away, but that's what I expected.

AJ is in my district and we are around each other a lot throughout the day, but we are doing different things between his schedule and mine. I did write Brianne, but no letters from Grandma. Paul and Ashley have written several times and I owe them a reply. I'm very grateful!

Things change everyday and I love my leadership meetings. We have throughout the week cause it puts different views to things and when the Branch Presidency tells of their experiences they are so similar to mine. I have been able to return to the Temple now it is open again. I usually get to the 7:30 session on Mondays and a do a Temple walk on Sundays after church around 2. This next Sunday though is my last week to go through because I will be in Colombia after that. My time is getting spent and I must get back to studying and reading, but know I am trying my best and trying to change and be ready for what ahead.. That just doesn't include just my mission but my life forever.

Love,
Elder Cody N Ridley

No comments:

Post a Comment