Madre,
My church here is the greatest thing ever! I learn so much from my branch president, President Watkins. He is soon to leave to be a mission president. Not sure where but somewhere. I'll find out. He talked to us this past priesthood meeting about our lineage and how we are gather Israeli, but more specifically on how and why our mission, the Spanish speaking mission is most important to the Lord because it's the fulfilling of his promise to those chosen people. I'll explain more in my letter. That's great to here the new about Spencer. The things he talked about is what I have been learning here a lot in the MTC and so its amazing to see it being brought back to families and wards back home. His questions, Do We Live for the Gospel, or does the Gospel Live for Us. Great question and should be considered in everyone's hearts to become better and live what we are taught rather than going through the motions.
I am officially half way over with the MTC which means callings have switched and Elder Maughan has been replaced from both positions as the Senior and District Leader. I have a new calling as the new District Leader and pray that my heart may be pure and that my intentions to help them are for their benefit and not just my own. My prayers have been increasing more and more and becoming full of asking, thanking, reporting back and pondering. One thing I would like the family to implement in your individual pray each night is a report back to the Lord of your day. This is something I have learned from going to the temple and being a missionary about following up and a reporting back.
I am glad to hear the envelopes got there and more should be coming with more pictures. Keep up that Blog and share it with everyone mom. Please :) Non-members and members. I would like you to add some songs on there with a play list if you can. Yo Creo (I Believe) you can go on LDS. org and find music under the young woman's youth page. A song called Revelation and try to put it on. It's my favorite! Tell Shayna to quite it with the boys for now it's no use really. They do not understand. I didn't know Jake had left, but a few elders going to Mexico in our district had the same issue and are now somewhere in Utah. I hope that will not happen to us. I hear so many good things about Colombia and I am way excited. Guess what I hear this week? We have a new district coming in and they are all going to New York Spanish speaking . So there is a possibility that AJ may be in my zone and get to see him a lot and he will be in the same hall in the dorms as me, but we will see. anyway, I've got to go.
Love you
Elder Ridley
No comments:
Post a Comment