Ridley Family,
I did receive all your e-mails and Dear Elder letters. I will get back to them and respond when I get the time. I was able to go to the Temple this P-day, today! It's been two weeks off with no Temple, so it has been nice to have a relaxing P-day with no rush. To be able to write letters, do laundry, clan rooms, iron clothes and study. During the Temple today 2 things stuck out but I only remember one once the session ended. I talked with my companion about it and it became clearer to me. I would like to speak with you about it but do not feel it is right in a letter. There are things going on in my life and all the miracles happening though I can.
Mom, I love your thought on "Temple Mirrors of Eternity being a testimony of eternal families. To know our destiny is an awesome thing! It does remind me of a thing I told Elder Maughan today when he wanted to go and do a sealing session. I told him I want to experience my first time with my parents/family. He understood and was grateful he did.
One thing I have heard since being here is our most important investigators will be our children/family. I bore testimony of that after our fireside in a district meeting and expressed how my parents did that for not only myself, but our whole family. Our family is eternal and special. I have been promoted many times to certain things and I am grateful for those moments. I want to act and recognize those promptings with clarity. I am learning a lot with my district and how to teach them without me coming across as if I am better then them, cause I am not. it's amazing what each of the Elders bring to the district. It makes me want to study so much more than I have in the past. Two thing in particular is the life of Joseph Smith and the early history of the church, along with Christ's birth and his life/ministry. I can already see my heart being changed and my future desires changing. It's amazing to have read the e-mail from Mom this morning about "becoming" because I had already planned on talking to the family about that. since ti is a new year, and all It's a perfect topic. A few questions I want to ask....What are your goals this year? Even better, what are each of your eternal goals? If they are not in line with your eternal future, switch them. We need to stop making to do lists and start making "BECOMING LISTS" Will you all do this?
I know I will, I have learned that the reason why we have 'enduring to the end' is because there is still so much to learn,to become and strive for. This mission we're on as missionaries is bigger then anything there is and the funny thing is that it is bigger than government things we all ponder upon and why people can't see the value in their lives is so sad. I know I have so much still to learn even though I have learned so much here. I have learned so much such as, the miracles are not in the walking on the water, but the miracle is the water. Everything around us can be a miracle. I just pray and hope that the things I learn I apply in my life. My goals are similar to your goals as a family.
I hear Skyler had a lot of get-togethers while he was home. They sounded like good times. Sounds like Shayna's busy as always. Ryan and Brooke are coming along well. Sounds like Mom and Dad your are keeping things in check. Just how I left it! ")
I promise to write each of you an individual note as soon as I get the time. My schedule isn't my own. I hear so many great things about Colombia that I am getting kinda trunky to leave the MTC. Which is fine,but I just need to take the opportunities the MTC provides. I hear I eat lots of beans and rice morning, noon and night. I hear I will get to eat fruit I have never seen before. I get no not water in showers unless I'm in the city. I will have to wash my clothes in a river and hang dry them. I heard Colombian accents are the best and certain cities are amazingly beautiful. I am excited only 5 more weeks to go.
It's always great to hear from you. Talk to you soon.
Elder Ridley
No comments:
Post a Comment