Elder Cody Nathaniel Ridley

Elder Cody Nathaniel Ridley
Barranquilla, Colombia

Monday, February 14, 2011

Mi Testimnonio

I want to share my testimony with the world. I know there is a living Savior. A savior for you and I. This Savior is Jesus Christ. He is the living light of the world. He is the son of God. He is the reality of an example we all want to be. His example is that he was willing to go below all things to submit to God, to atone for our sins so we can submit to Him, to become resurrected so we can receive our full potential.
I know God lives. I know that God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost are one Godhead but they each individually play a role in our lives. They are one in purpose but three separate and distinct beings. Our Father in Heaven wants us to receive all the blessings He has to offer us and through our continual faith and continual humility we can prepare our hearts and our spirits to return to live with Him. Our time on earth is the time to prepare to meet God.
I know I am not prefect but through my brother, my friend, my Savior Jesus Christ, I can be. I can become pure, whole even transformed through His atonement. I found Christ, my Savior, when I truly repented. This gives me hope and faith to endure.
I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored/brought back on the earth. Even the same church Christ established. How grateful I am for the desire of Joseph Smith to want to know the works of God. I know Joseph Smith, through the first vision saw God the Father and His son Jesus Christ. Through the same efforts of Joseph, I have found the truth and my life, my eternal life will change forever.
I know because of my faith I have received blessings to know my family and friends are eternal. Through the blessings of the Temple we can be sealed forever with our families. I love my family.
I know the Bible to be the word of God, along with the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ. I am grateful for the opportunity to receive insight from both doctrines. The Bible itself is a miracle! The connections between these books are the same and that is Jesus Christ. The special thing to gain from the scriptures is that Jesus Christ Lives. He can heal people and that your situation and my situation are not too great.
I testify that there is such a place called "Heaven" In Heaven is where we have the opportunity to have love, peace and happiness for the eternities to come. I testify the Heavens are open and the voice of God is being fulfilled through living prophets, missionaries, disciples, little children and most importantly by the Holy Ghost. I testify Joseph Smith was a prophet and did restore the keys of power of the priesthood of God on earth. I testify Thomas S. Monson is a living prophet on the earth today. I testify temples are Heavens on Earth. A place where we can learn the "miracles" of God. I testify Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world, that we are His brothers and sisters and we are children of God. I find myself having a desire to have a relationship with them. I became a member of the Church, a disciple of Christ when I officially gained a testimony to share these things. These things I know to be true. In the name of Jesus Christ~Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment