Ridley family,
I believe this might be my list letter from me during the MTC. I know my e-mail wasn't all that great so hopefully my letter is better. I'll start of with what has taken place. Lately a lot of my days have been involved with the language rather than learning doctrinal things. It seems like the first month was learning how to teach doctrine with the language. The second month was learning the grammar for the Spanish.
So, that's what a lot of my time has been spent doing. I understand the concepts of all the grammar but I don't know how to apply it to my speech. So this coming up week I will work on that. This whole week is review.
This past week I got the flight plans and we leave Monday morning at 5:00AM. We fly out of Salt Lake to Atlanta Georgia to Bogata. That night we will stay at the MTC down in Bogata. The next morning we will fly from Bogata to Barranquilla. In Colombia it is a three hour difference from California. That means three hours ahead. I get so excited thinking about it! I still have a long week left full of continued learning and preparing to leave. I know Elder Moore is sad for me to go. He asked me who He was going to talk to when I leave and I told Him, himself. Then I corrected myself and said, "Converse with the Lord." I am planning on meeting up with Elder Kennedy sometime to catch up and say our goodbyes officially. it's crazy, I can still picture being at Olive Garden with his family and ours.
This week I will try to take more pictures and send the last ones I have from the MTC. All the other times I will send through e-mail. I am sending my things back to Skyler and I will put a note inside for everyone to read when Skyler brings it down. Hopefully you got my last letter that explained all that.
Mom, no I haven't received Grandmas or Skyler's letters. I don't think that the letters of Dear Elders are coming? I am understanding that the Dear Elder company is not that reliable and same with the MTC mail. I heard you called or something to Dear Elder to ask whats the deal and they sent me a little not to ask me if I received them and I told them no, so they said they would get them to me. But it's been over a week now.
Well, I miss and love you all. Can't wait to talk on Mother's Day. Speak to you soon.
Elder Cody N. Ridley
No comments:
Post a Comment