Elder Cody Nathaniel Ridley

Elder Cody Nathaniel Ridley
Barranquilla, Colombia

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Oct. 3, 2011

Oct. 3,2011
Mom,
What a wonderful weekend filled with the spirit of testimonies and song! I had a great week with that has helped me to understand a new vision I have in my life and the things I can do with the help of the Lord and all his servants. First of I wanted to say how excited the coast of Colombia is to be receiving a temple here in Barranquilla. Mom, remember me telling you that that's been a big goal here for us in the mission and I am now here to witness the commotion and the hope for a stronger future here in Colombia. When President Thomas S Monson stated the temples, and when I heard Colombia Barranquilla my mind when awwwwwwwwww! I could not focus on anything else. I did not remember hearing the other temples declared. The chapel went in a little shock too, but with a silent cheer. My thought on all this just gets me emotional to know I am here in the moment when it was called. It is special to me. I will be making plans to come back for the dedication in two years after my mission. It takes about three year's right? This conference was great because I finally understood it haha. I believe I took 8 pages of notes in my journal. I find it more and more simple the work I do to simply love the people and serve them will be my biggest goal, but my greatest strength after I fulfill my time here. I know this message we share as missionaries is a message of love, light, and hope. I find it more and more each day a privilege to be here and know that there is always one more day in the mission and one more day less we can say. Your quote from Elder Bennet about seeking divine intervention daily with the choice.......prayer, scripture study, service and acts of charity by love. My choices I make are more delicate and precious to me now and this includes my thoughts I make because they will always make the outcome. If I think of bad I will do bad, but if I think good I will do good. This is a simple thing I have been practicing and I can say that I am mastering it more and more and I know it's possible. I loved the priesthood session and what Dieter F Uchtdorf explained to us about how we suffer because we don't act, but if we serve it will change that. I feel I have suffered in a way, because my mission has been about how I can be a better missionary, but I didn't realize that until this past weekend and really all my desires are to, simple serve and love the people is my goal. This mission has helped me to open my eyes and work in the way of the Lord. Last thing I liked was by our prophet about the promises of the lord are real in the good and in the bad. He also used my mission scripture in 1 peter 3:15, so I was happy about that. Simply I was grateful for this weekend and the opportunity I had to sit thirty minutes before and prepare with the music provided by the choir. The hymns are becoming the voice of my heart more and more each day. Anyway, the only thing that sadden my weekend, is none of our investigators attended, but our new converts did and they sat with Elder Lopez and I. All in all, I am happy :) I am glad to hear that life is changing with new things. The news about Maddie, I can't think about it, but tell her congratulations. I received an e-mail from Erik today and he is in Africa in the MTC already!? I am going to respond to him and Skyler next week. I want to share will all you my plan I have for this future....
My Plan
-repent daily
-relation with the spirit
-service
-time
*all this will strengthen my testimony
I love you mom and tell the family I love them too. My companion says hello too :) Speak soon
Elder Ridley

Ps- I saw the photo of your new haircut and you look younger...I even share the two photos I have of you with
people from the ward and investigators and they say that your newer photos you look younger haha.
- I don't think I need much more than what I have. I am actually trying to get rid of some of my things. I have given always some clothes already and such, but really, what I miss is candies from the states.
-Any more news about the seminary information issue?
-One more thing....I was thinking about what you mentioned mom about the plans for when we are all together again. That will be in the upcoming year around Christmas, but i gave it a though because you said you wanted to start making plans. I think it would be great to have a Christmas in New York :) it's my idea, but give it a thought

No comments:

Post a Comment