Elder Cody Nathaniel Ridley

Elder Cody Nathaniel Ridley
Barranquilla, Colombia

Monday, September 19, 2011

Sept. 19,2011


Mom,
All well here in Colombia, Monteria. Give all my love to the rest of the family after you read this. Sounds like this week went well for you all and that had taken place. I am sure mom that your quote that you read about celestial marriage was from the ensign. Am I right? I haven't read much because its all about marriage and really not on my mind right now, but this month's ensign had to deal a lot with the covenants and that is on my mind. I have come to learn a lot of the importance of the covenants we make, but had not fully taken to heart or received a pure testimony of that. I had the knowledge but didn't know how to apply it, because I thought I was all well, but the mission has helped me realize my faults I have! I am grateful for that because now I can apply what I know of the atonement in my life to reach the potential my father wants for me. In reality, I am living for my savior and his work and I do that by making those covenants, those promise that we will complete them. The great thing to learn about those covenants is the power of the spirit within those covenants we make. The thing that's interesting to me is the spirit of promise. This spirit that we can always recieve in our lives when we are worthy will testify to our heavenly Father of the things we did with our covenants. Not only will it testify, but it will seal all the acts we have done(I believe on the day of the judgement). How much desires I have to seal those covenants. My question is when will they be sealed? I know we need to complete all those covenants here in this life....but when do we recieve that we have completed them? My thought is on judgment day. I have been studying a lot lately with the temples in Doctrine in Covenants because we are teaching one of our new converts Maria Diaz and her family the importance of the house of the Lord. So much I learn in the hour that I have in the morning, I don't think it's a lot at times, but that one new thing every day is something I treasure. I feel a lot with my attitude has changed a lot and I am glad because I am really coming to love my time here and all that Colombia has given me. I believe there is a scripture I would like to share about this in John 15:8-21(specifically 17-21). The people have given me and the members, and other elders. My mission is special because its here for me in Colombia. All the changes and experiences are here in Colombia. Something great I am learning is how much it doesn't matter how much doctrine we teach and know or how well of a teacher we are, but how we help people, how we help people solve their problems are the missionaries they remember and all the small things we try to do to help them. There is simply so much to be said about the missionary work, the things that don't happen. I am so grateful that I am learning charity.....it's not perfect still, but I am working on it. There is so much drama that is involved with Elders, callings, what the president does and doesn't do. There is something new changing in the mission every day. All I need to say is "Elders that's the mission". I try not to get so involved, but then again I should worry more about how I can improve the mission, I do not think I am at that point yet though. I have my head in how I can change the ward the area I am serving in or simply the salvation of the one person I am teaching at the moment. I know what I have to teach them or bear my testimony. This past Sunday I had the opportunity to speak in the sacrament meeting, hasn't been the first time, but more like the 5th time haha. I spoke on agency and the importance we have to choose to follow our savior with that agency. I spoke with simple words, so that the members could understand and bore my testimony, it was great :) The two baptism we had this past Saturday too was a neat experience and I have photos to show, but next week when I have time. It's just a great day when we see our investigators in the fount. To think back to where they were and where they are at... We ask Enaisa Diaz if she saw her progression. That's what we do is help people to understand that the Gospel can do that for them and help them recognize the blessing they receive and that is the changes that come into their lives. Mom Thanks for your e-mails truly. I am excited for the general conference that coming up soon I will be preparing myself to hear what they have and what I can take from it and invite my investigators to come and join me and perfect their life. Thanks for all the love.

Elder Ridley

PS- About the transfers, nobody in my house that I live with was changed and actually in my zone nobody was transferred. I would like to send e-mails to a lot of my friends If I can next week? That would mean I would not write a lot about this week or what happens. Or that I won't write a lot the family. Know that i love you mom and tell the family I love them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment