Mom,
It’s really good to hear from you and to understand more how everything is moving along. My mind is not thinking about Thanksgiving haha! Here, there are holidays practically every week! Finally starting up with school again- that's great news! Don’t worry about the time of things, just enjoy learning and gaining experiences then try to apply it to what you already know and it will be a blessing in the future.
Ryan seems to be progressing in his degree and moving in a great direction with his family. I know his service to the youth in the Step-up program is greatly needed and a huge help and blessing to the young men that are involved with the program. Tell him that I enjoyed seeing recent pictures of him with Brandon and Mathew at the wedding. Ryan hasn’t changed, but I can tell that you mom and dad have different looks.
I don’t know where time is going for me! I feel I want to do a lot better than what I am doing and that I need more time for things that I want to get done. There is no way that you can leave from the mission not having learned patience or knowledge etc....at some time we are going to understand and it will all click. That’s the hope I have for myself and others as I teach others . As for myself ,the hope I have for all my goals is that they will get completed and get done in time, I just need to have patience.
Tell Shayna congratulations for the senior superlatives....I wish I could have a moment to see her and to tell her that I love her and miss what makes my day many times, is her smile. I need to smile a lot more under the sun of Monteria, but at times it’s difficult to raise my head and look into the sun. At night when its cooler I love it because I have more desires to do a lot more, but then also I am so tired from walking from place to place in the day that it’s the same throughout the day. It is on my mind to do so and when I notice that I am not, I react to change many times, but it’s not constant.
I can believe that Ashley and Paul are going to be having a girl again. If they had a boy it would change everything hahaha! Paul is intending to learn Spanish through the program of Rosetta stone, ¡Que chevre! I would love to give him some advice, but tell him if he has question that he can ask me. My Spanish isn’t perfect yet. I believe I understand the grammar very well, but my temp to use it in my speech is different. I got told by I a member the other day that I need to talk faster....I thought to myself for a bit and didn’t say anything, but I remember being a little upset. I know I have a calling from the Lord and a special one to be able to have the gift of tongues. Sometimes I don’t know if I should say something or not, but I wanted to say that my calling is between me and the Lord, but I didn’t. At times I wonder if I am firm like I used to be, to say yes or no to what’s right and wrong. The gift I have of discernment I know I have, but I haven’t used it like I have before to tell people the correct way. I have hesitated in the past, with myself personally, with missionaries, members and investigators because I don’t want them to be angry with me. I don’t know if it’s because I am more aware of what I do these days, but I am coming to understand that there is mercy and justice to things. I feel I have been very merciful, but I haven’t given a lot of justice. If I want things to change I need to do it or say it, because it won’t get done if not, but do it with love is the key.
Throughout my time here I can say I have been more about what I need to be, but in reality I was prepared to do this a long time ago and I know what is the truth and I am going to testify of that. I may not be the smartest to know the scriptures or my Spanish isn’t the best, but I do have my testimony and I do have the spirit and I want to share my light with others. I am grateful for the gospel and for being brought up in it. I am grateful for the Book of Mormon and how it’s been helping understand everything that I know up to now in my lifeI know the reason is because I have parents who taught me its principles within that book that are the words of life. Ever since I was a youth reading that book has told me that I have an eternal destiny and my parents stood behind me to push me along that path. Reading that book has testified to me by the whisperings of the spirit to my heart and even deeper to my soul, its truth.
Everything is well and I am doing my best to be all that has been ask of me. I love you Mom. Tell the family I love them to and that they are in my thoughts. I pray for you all in my daily prayers. Speak soon.
Elder Ridley
Ps- I received the e-mail from Elder Kenny (I’ll write back next week)
No comments:
Post a Comment