Elder Cody Nathaniel Ridley

Elder Cody Nathaniel Ridley
Barranquilla, Colombia

Friday, October 21, 2011

Oct. 18, 2011

Skyler,


I too really enjoy reading your e-mails to me. I have a few that I have printed and kept because they motivate me to improve. I am greatful for your love,example and your desires to simply be an example of Christ. That's a big part in being a part of this great work, is being an example to others. It begins with your family. For me at this moment in time it is in the house with the missionaries I live with. I know I can't serve others if I don't serve the people I serve with. I am always lookig for opportunities like you had the other day to serve. I love it when I can and I feel like I am doing my job as I do little acts of kindness. The other day I contacted a lady in the street and she had a bag full of food I believe, but after I presented myself I asked if I could help her carry her bags. She was hesitant thinking I wanted to take her things hahaha....She said no, but I felt good afterwards, even though I wasn't abled to help her. I love how simple you put it into terms of what we need to do as missionaries. Thats what I am trying to do is find the best possible way to put what I learn into paterns and practice. I am not fully there all the way. My best friend at the moment, my companion Elder Lopez, has helped me with understanding how he has delt with the mission and what he has applied and whats most important. I dont feel we can always do everything that is given in Preach my Gospel. I would like to say that I can be the best missionary. Although those are my desires....Jesus Christ was the perfect missionary and perfect leader. I have a whole lifetime to become as he is, but we need to start from step one everyday. To help others understand the importance of the baptism, the atonement, the sacrament and by helping them see how it changes them they will see and feel the difference. Thats when they won't fall away....also the importance to prepare ourselves to partake of the devine power of the sacrament.

I have goals that I have planned and I want to complete in my time here. I shared it with mom. Did she share it with you? There are four things. I feel if I complete those things I will be a happy missionary and a successful one. You talked about how you forget the little things at hand because your so busy doing other taskes. I remember a returned missionry telling me that the Lord will bless you for the desires of your heart and I know it's true. Skyer your are doing what is neccessary in your life and time. That's all that we need to do. We may not be able to do everything in the day, but I know if we have the desires to do it, some time in the future it will come and God will be the source of it. So whatever you are desiring most it will come. I love you Skyler and I hope I can hear from you soon again.



Elder Ridley

No comments:

Post a Comment