Elder Cody Nathaniel Ridley

Elder Cody Nathaniel Ridley
Barranquilla, Colombia

Saturday, July 9, 2011

June 6, 2011

Mom,
You all had a lot of accomplishments this week and are ready for Summer huh!? I felt like last week was a week full of accomplishments, but that this week we completed hardly anything. We had so many references from members last week and new investigators to teach whom we planned to teach this week, but all of them fell through. One of our investigators which we had planned his baptism was delayed because he has not been around to teach and to attend church and so forth. I felt that the desires of the people we had planned on teaching were not true desires. That is something that deals with what is important and what is not. What are important are the desires of our hearts and not the desires of our mind and what we think is truly important. This week I really pondered on the true desires of our hearts and this week I want to study it more out. Sometimes we feel things are right because we think its right or that is what our mind tells us. What is most important is how we feel with our heart. I have come to gain a testimony that there is in reality a spirit in us and that it works inside of us continually, but through our heart. For example, after we have repented. What do we feel? Does our mind tell us we are impure or does our heart? When we have peace in our heart, we know all is well. Satan always tries to work with our minds, but we need to depend on the spirit that is in our hearts to have that understanding all is well. The Phrase "all is well" struck me this week to listening to the tabernacle choir. How true that is, and how much peace it brings to me. I have so much hope for the future because of the testimony that I have of the truth. Mom there is so many great things in your email. First off, I have taken pictures and sent you all the pictures of the people I have baptized. Hearing about the Wailia Family is so great and what I great story for them. I want to write Aj a little something next week if I get time. The letter from Corey is perfect for me and that is because I am experiencing it right now. It is true I felt so pumped to get out to the field and I got here and could not do anything. There are moments I feel like a baby and moments when I feel like a true missionary haha. I want to write Corey something too, How much time does he have left in the mission? Something that Skyler wrote me, is something I have been trying to find is patterns in my every week, but is slowly progressing. Transfers are in two weeks. This transfer is more time because I have one more week in the mission. All missionary have one extra week now and so they added that week to this transfer. Understand? One thing that is changing with the mission is every ward with every missionary has a sheet we need to fill out that the missionaries fill out. We fill it out to tell whether the Ward is in Good shape or not. That is all I could write in the time that I had. I Hope you enjoy the pictures. It is all, but next week I will send more. Love you all and hope you have a wonderful week enjoy being together for the start of the summer.

LOVE,

Elder Cody N. Ridley

No comments:

Post a Comment