MoM and Family,
Reading your thoughts about the funeral and the way it was shared,made me ponder about the words. You said that there was a talk given about the Plan of Salvation as if Brother Johnson was sharing his truths of the Pre-Existence. I wouldn't doubt one second that he knew his purpose and he lived it.
I got the time to write Ryan, but he didn't let me know how his first week went. Have you heard anything? I would like to know. Oh wow, Brent just got home!? It is true what he shared about studying chapter 3 in Preach My Gospel, because it teaches the correct principles. I am going to be honest it was something I had to learn. I knew the doctrine, but not in order and not in Spanish all the way at this point. That was what makes the difference because you have to teach it in a way to be understood by investigators. Reading just the Book of Mormon is a great way to prepare for a mission because it is the key to everything we believe and "know". Without the Book of Mormon, there would be no Restored Gospel. This is why the Book of Mormon is so powerful. It's something I could use more when I contact. I use more of the pamphlets, but I switch off with different things also. The thing about the internet, is it like a blog thing? I want to know more please. The points to the parents for the youth about walking side by side with them as they learn and do, is really important and not done perfect always. But, with the Lord and the Gospel at our side, it makes it easier. Wow how great I feel for the future to one day have those experiences with the family that I will have. It's something that you and dad have done for all your Children.
Your talk of the Temples and such was great because this Sunday we had a class on this and about marriage. It's not something I think about a lot, but I am preparing now and I understand a little more about this topic and how it is more than just marriage. Marriage is totally different because in the temple it's a covenant. That's what makes the difference and that's what helps for the future when we do have struggles that this promise is everlasting. We fight for it to be everlasting and don't give up when we have hard times in our lives. The blessing that comes from it, is that we have the peace in this life and the knowledge that families are forever. I am excited too, to be able to one day enter the temple again and feel that presence and to learn the deeper doctrines of God.
There is a lot of things that we need to do better like you said with praying more, reading more, fasting more, finding more patterns in our lives and having more desires to do better. This is something that I am working on right now. I'm learning the patterns of things and how I do things well. I'm also trying to establish things, but then when I do have it, its not finished, but I need to maintain it and try to better it.
I feel like this week just flew by and that I had just written you. I am grateful though for the opportunity to express some things that I have been writing down to talk about. The first thing is that I would like to say is that I have made mistakes on my mission and that I am working on trying to improve. There is a great scripture about this in D &C 84:106. Taking things from what you see in the examples of others and doing more with what you gained from them. Ya mom, I know I don't have a lot of spiritual experiences and a lot of that has to do with where I am at physically/ locally and spiritually. I am completely humbled to say I don't know what to do at times and the spirit is just not there. I know when the spirit is there and not, but I haven't had that many spiritual experiences. I didn't come out on the missionas a missionary and I still feel like I am not at that point yet. That I have so many things I still need to learn, at times I have a lot of fear. The thingI know is that fear the opposite of faith and that fear can take all your faith away at times. I am always trying and testing the strength of my faith. Strength isn't something you have but something you learn, and you learn more by faith.I have learned so much more when I put my faith in my savior. I have realized that this week and it's something that I can do better today. I have a testimony of the purpose of our Heavenly Father and that makes a great difference in my life. Mom I ask you not to worry about what I write. To be honest it is the least of my concerns when it comes down to everything. I don't think of things to try to have experiences to tell you, but I tell you what is truly testifying to me right now and at this moment with the spirit. I always write things down in a notebook throughout the day, but I end up never sharing it because I feel I need to say something different. I am constantly trying......
I hope the best for you all this week. Love you
Elder Ridley
No comments:
Post a Comment