Cody received his mission call to the Barranquilla, Columbia mission. He reported to the Provo, Missionary Training Center on December 8, 2010. Cody will be a wonderful missionary. He has always been one with no fear to share the truths of the gospel to anyone. He has always had an abiding testimony of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. For him it is black and white...Either it is or it isn't! For Cody it has always been what was the right thing to do and follow.
Elder Cody Nathaniel Ridley
Barranquilla, Colombia
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
September 24, 2012
Hey Mom.
The week has come and past again! This past week was a good week. It wasn't the greatest week, but I still keep going on with my companion. My favorite day was Sunday and it's because my companion and I had to give talks in sacrament meeting. I felt the spirit alot and I felt it as I was able to testify to the members and talk to them about the progress in our lives. That the only way we can know for sure is if we seek the guidance of our heavely father and recieve revelation. I told them that the reason why they are all at church was because they had drawn near to God to understand if this church is true or more than anything to find out if the book of Mormon is true and because of that they do what they do. They try to apply this Gospel of Jesus Christ in their lives. I told them that it's no time to waist to progress and that God expects them to be ready and sees them as people with potencial and the capacity to be better than what they are now. This coming up Wednesday are transfers and we will see If I get my 16th companion. I can't believe that I only have two transfers left.
Mom you tell me that my release date is the 11th, but we will see because the transfers for December are the 19th so probably one more week. Anyways the district is good I enjoy teaching the Elders from my experiences and helping them recognize the spirit and hearing that they are having spiritual expiriences. I have never felt the way I do like on the mission. I have found joy in seeing others happy and I love it. I know that heavenly father is the same way and loves to see us when we succeed and have joy in the mission. I know that many blessings are ahead and that I need to be prepared for my arraval, but I have been so greatful for all your prayers, Mom. I have a CD from the chruch with a song on it and it always gets me teary eyed as I listen to it. I will listen to it with you when I get back ok :) Love you and tell the family that I say hey tambien.
Elder Ridley
Ps- McCain is planning to go to BYU-I? Yes, I will want to live him. I hope that you will be able to work it out to have him be my roomate. Tell me all that informacion when it's all settled too....like the apartments name and if we will be having other roomates etc.
Also next we a plan on writing e-mails to all my buddys. My last a final ones before I get home so maybe next week I dont write much, but if you could send them out that would be great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment