Cody received his mission call to the Barranquilla, Columbia mission. He reported to the Provo, Missionary Training Center on December 8, 2010. Cody will be a wonderful missionary. He has always been one with no fear to share the truths of the gospel to anyone. He has always had an abiding testimony of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. For him it is black and white...Either it is or it isn't! For Cody it has always been what was the right thing to do and follow.
Elder Cody Nathaniel Ridley
Barranquilla, Colombia
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
October 8,2012
Hey mom.
I don't know if I have told you, but its been a week since we had the last transfers and there has been changes for me. Just so you know, I am in Barranquilla still and still in Trupillos and still district leader and still training, but a new missionary from Peru named Elder ILberto. He is from Cusco. Do you remember the movie "Emporers New Groove" that same city with the lamas hahaha.
I am the first American in a long time (over 12 years) in the area we are serving in and I love the members. They are great to work with and it's been a blast so far. We're trying to find new investigatores and hopefully the spirit will trust us enough to be able to guide us more in the week because we are leaving a lot that we have been teaching.
Well it's not much just a little parragraph. I am about done with experiences and all, but hope to be able to make a difference in the lives that I can teach and get to know in the next 2 months. The conference was great and I have many goals to add. I always feel so little afterwards. It's great though! The gospel is great and hope to live up to the way the Lord expects us to.
Lost of love.
Elder Ridley
PS- I think that the office already knows my flight and which airline I will be taking home. If you want to check you can. They called me the other day to ask where is the closest airport.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment