Elder Cody Nathaniel Ridley

Elder Cody Nathaniel Ridley
Barranquilla, Colombia

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Oct. 29, 2012

Hey Mom, Yes, this past week I went to the doctors again to find out if I can take other stuff for the fungus. I have like four types of creams and I am taking pills too. The thing is I think it’s what you said that it just the climate that’s affecting it really, I thinks it won’t heal from the humidity....at least the cream won’t help it only makes it worse. It’s gotten a little better this past week so I will continue using what I have because it can get worse haha. Yah I wanted to talk to about the appointments and all sometime down the road, but thanks for setting all that up for me. My companion and I planned to have a family night on the night of Halloween with two families that are less active. Here they celebrate Halloween, but it’s super dangerous because they rob the kids and all. I told them that in my house we have a tradition to have chili and rice that day and so we are going to make that with them and then share a message with them. I am really excited. I will take pictures and everything for you all to see. Really the work was super slow this past week. My companion and I don’t really see a whole lot of desires from the people to learn our message and a lot of our investigators this week were out of town or sick so we weren’t able to teach a lot. I feel like I am focused a lot in the work, but I still feel like there is something that we need to apply to have success. I know that everyone has their ability to choose to except our message or not, but I feel like from the mission and leaders there are no reason to not have baptisms. Once again this month of November we won’t have a baptism because we need a miracle to have someone ready this week to be ready to receive the message. More than anything I just want to be a good missionary and finish the mission well. I am super excited to come and talk Spanish with McCain and talk about the experiences that have happened. In one more week we have transfers. It will be my last transfer, my last agenda, and my last six weeks. I know it will go by fast, faster than the whole mission has gone by. You said I will be flying to San Diego, but Skyler has his last bowl game there? How is all that going to work out? Tell everyone to enjoy Halloween and that I am thinking of them. Elder Ridley

No comments:

Post a Comment