Elder Cody Nathaniel Ridley

Elder Cody Nathaniel Ridley
Barranquilla, Colombia

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

September 16, 2012

Mom, Yes back in Barranquilla! I am happy about it because the work is always better. Does it seem like we have a lot of emergency transfers? I usually dont ask why...I just go where the Lord commands me to go haha. I did hear though that there was a problem with a companionship so they transferd the missionaries around. The reason for why they normally do them is for heath problems or en elder leaves or a companionship has problems. Here I am in the very south part of Barranquilla almost by a city connected with Baranquilla called Soledad. In my district are the elders of the Robles area. It's the ward next to Ciudadela. I am still the district leader and I am also finishing training again. Elder Garzon has three months in the mission. There are two new elders in our district so we are reviewing alot and trying to help as much as possible. Last week I had two splits with the other elders and I enjpoyed it alot getting to know them and how they work and what's their goals and such for the mission. I feel like I had all that in my mind recently and now its being completed, its wonderful. The only goals I haven't been able to keep is curing the fungus that I have before I get home. The things is I have gone to the doctors and a clinic 4 times and they give me a cream to buy with special soap but it doesn't go away. I have lost confidence in the doctors here. I really don't know if they know what they are doing. I still use the creme that I have, hoping it will at least not get worse. I will try to send a picture of it and send it your way. Anways I am bumbed to hear that Skyler and all the BYU fans lost this last weekend. I miss football a lot and I hope I will be able to go up to BYU-I and join in on the 8 on 8 intermural teams up there. I bought a football and I go play catch sometimes, but I have to teach all the latins how to play and it's not something they can do really quickly. They are more good with their feet and kicking the soccer ball. All the Colombians play in the street and in the dirt almost everyday. I want to get a video or a picture of that before I leave. I think it's going to be a sad thing for me to leave. Although I feel like I will be ready I have a feeling that it's not going to be easy. There is so much going on in Colombia right now. I remember I used to feel like I hated it, but somehow it's changed. The blessings of the gospel are so real and so powerful. The gospel has been a huge support for me in my life. Having people change there mode of life to live the gospel is a huge sacrifice, but that's what makes it unique because there isn't another church like the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints that lives the true gospel and recieves all the blessings that God has for us. More than anything I am excited to see everyone and all, but then I will have to leave again really quickly. I miss you mom and I love so much. The Lord is with Elder Garzon and I. I have felt the holy ghost at many moments. I love the holy ghost :) I pray that it can trust me and teach me what is needed not only for me, but for everyone. Speak some more next week. Lots of love Elder Ridley

No comments:

Post a Comment