Hey mom!
I myself can not believe its March already and soon, April will be my 21st birthday. The mission stays the same always. Things change, but you do a lot of the same things and so I feel like I am still a 19 year old boy. Or I feel that 21 years old is old hahaha. I can imagine the stress that comes from all that is in your life right now...I always try to do step by step as a mission and the stress goes away. I feel as a mission there is so much pressure to do things and I dont like it! The only thing that I have noticed in the mission and in my life to give me peace and comfort is Jesus Christ and his spirit. That's why I love Matthew 5 so much,where it talks about looking for the kingdom of God first in your own life and everything else will be added. It's a great blessing and promise for everyone.
I am glad to hear that Brooklynn has been progressing, but I can understand her position to not be able to do the things thats she would like to do. I am grateful for all the knowedge of the Gospel that we have to be able to apply the principles and have results. I dont think there has ever been a point in our lives where we havent been stuck in a position of struggle for long time, but that we can overcome them in the timing of the Lord. All the things that you have talked to me about today deals with that and when we know its difficult we can overcome the oposition with pray and faith. Many times I think that they are two different things, but I like the phrase, faith in prayer because really faith gives us the power to pray to God. God is all powerful and can help when we walk in faith and seek his will to do it in his way....NOT IN OUR WAY. I will try to focus my fast this week and apply the principle of a true fast with those steps you shared with me. I know Brooklynn needs a boost and needs to get better. I want to see her strong and healthy when I get back. Although there may be rough things going on I can see the blessing that you all have been givin as I have been gone. We are truely a blessed family and a special family. I cant wait to be able to apply my part when I can with you mom and the family. I dont think I did my part very well before, but I have the desires now because I "understand". Many times why we don't obey God or Follow Jesus Christ is because we don't understand. Thats why its important to continue learning and building your faith and by that, you build your testimony. Thats what I am trying to apply at this point. Its a huge process! It doesnt come like THAT! It comes more slowly. Many times in the mission we feel like we can see changes quickly, but I think of my own life and even a member of the gospel or a missionary it doesnt come like that. The investigators progress slowly. Anyways I am curious what will happen with these transfers that come. I find out tomorrow. I feel I will stay here one more transfer because it's been that way since the beginning. I just hope that if I stay I will see some changes in leadership. I am curious when my time will be to step up to have more responsibilities, but I know if that comes, I will need to learn some new things that the Lord hasn't taught me. But as for now, I am enjoying being a normal missionary and helping the investigators, my companion and the ward progress the the work. Its Great :) Keep each other safe and take care. I will write again next week
Always hahaha.
I love you mom and tell the others too.
Elder Ridley
No comments:
Post a Comment