Elder Cody Nathaniel Ridley

Elder Cody Nathaniel Ridley
Barranquilla, Colombia

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Feb. 22, 2012

Mom,

I am sorry to get you worried a little bit. Nothing happened with transfers this week at all. The transfers are the next week, exactly one week from today. I don’t know if I want to stay or go to a new place. I love my ward I am in, but I wouldn’t mind a new companion. The last few companions I have had we haven’t had a bautismo in a while, but it doesn’t get me down. I continue with the faith. The reason why I didn’t get to write you is because we were locked in the house for few days because Barranquilla was celebrating there carnival. It’s the number 2 best carnival in the world. It’s for one week, they dance in the street to music and it seems really fun and special, but they don’t have it organized at all. ITS SO DISORGANIZED! Like I have said again and again it’s another reason to party. The people go crazy and they drink, smoke, listen to music super loud (we can’t teach well in these situations). They also destroy things, steal and even kill people for no reason. Don’t want you to get scared at all, but that’s what happens and the thing is they don’t care.....they keep doing it and don’t want to fix things to make it safe. The police don’t really do anything. So I didn’t get to teach all that much this past week. I did have to attend church to give a talk in sacrament meeting. I talked on revelation and the importance it has in our lives, our families, the church, and this work we participate in.
I love giving talks now because I feel good and although I am not the best at it, I still try to do what I can to help and give my testimony. I talked for 15 minutes like it was nothing haha...the time went quick! Right now I am excited to go work and to talk with my friends,my investigatores to try to help them realize the importance of this message we have and why we are here to talk to them. It’s been a while that I haven’t seen some of them, but they have no idea we are going to be passing by so we have to make a lot of calls soon. Also we had a conference yesterday with president. I want to tell you that I don’t have a strong relationship with Presidente Gaviria, but I do get more convinced every day that he is called of God. My president and his family are good people and have a desire to help us. In the meeting I learned so much about the principle faith in the gospel yesterday. I recognize that my faith is so small. I am learning at the same time how important it is and how powerful it is because it deals with basically all we have to do in this gospel. If you don’t have it you’re not going to do anything. All the things we want in life depends on the faith. It was so deep I kind of forget what I wrote down. I will bring my study journal next week to write a few of my impressions.
Anyways I know that Maddie got married wow! By the time I get home she could be having a baby......NOOOO! Little Baby Brooklynn awwww. She has quite a lot of accidents as I have been gone. I hope therapy all goes well too. This will help here to understand faith as a young Child and she will remember it forever and have that testimony to know she can pull through anything. I know with all my heart she will overcome it and be back to the same.
Mom you’re so strong spiritually it’s ok that you don’t send something spiritual. I know when I was down at times it was to help me understand what a privilege it is to be a missionary and help me to overcome obstacles. I feel I have learned how to, but in time. I want you do know I am happy. I am a happy missionary :) I love you and the entire family.

Love from an Elder
Elder Ridley

No comments:

Post a Comment