Elder Cody Nathaniel Ridley

Elder Cody Nathaniel Ridley
Barranquilla, Colombia

Monday, March 12, 2012

March 12, 2012

Mom,

You got my letters already!!! haha...WoW! I sent those offonly a week ago. Thanks for sending the other letters out. All the letters werewritten a long time ago from last year. I had kept them until I could send themoff. The only way to get them sent to the states is by Avianca (Deprisa). Now Iknow it takes about a week to go from Colombia to United States, but from Unitedstates to Colombia over a month. I spent about 80.000 pesos which is about 40 dollars.It’s pretty expensive. It wasn’t hard to get them sent off. I had a member do itfor me because I couldn’t leave my area. I am just glad to have written peopleand I hope to write some more by the end of the mission again. Alexia isgetting married! I wasn’t expecting that! I hope she will write me back. Seemslike every returned mission comes home and the first girl they see is the one.All I know is it will be my goal when I get back to get married, but I willtake it very serious and slow. I can’t believe that will be the next step in mylife. Can you believe it mom??? Tell Erik, Jon, and McCaine I mean Elder McGregor,Sanches y Kennedy that I am feeling probably the same as they are and miss them.I can’t wait to get all united again after the mission. I too like Elder Kennedyfeel the need to just finish the mission strong and get it done. I remember feelinglike I haven’t had anything spectacular happen to me, but now I look back and Ihave seen so many wonderful experiences that have happened and it’s notfinished still. I am at the strong point of the mission where everything hascome to one understanding and it’s starting to click better. You are that servant the Lord has called youto be. I know how to have success. I know, I know, I know; FIND, TEACH ANDBAPTIZE. I try to do all that is necessary, but at times it isn’t enough, yetthe Lord always finishes with his blessing. I haven’t had a perfect mission,but my mission has been special for me. My mission is special to me. I havecome to love the people. I have come to love the food. I have come to loveCOLOMBIA. And, I have come to love the Gospel more than ever here. For thatreason Colombia is sacred ground for me. If I were to be called to leave themission in Barranquilla, than I would do it. I would feel it’s a calling fromthe Lord and I would take the opportunity. I will be looking forward to hear fromyour letter mom about Elder Moore. Does it have to deal with his Dad? I hopethat his dad has been able to talk with Elder Moore and understand more about thegospel. So many changes have changed since I have been gone and they cameslowly too. At first when I would hear about all the changes it would get me alittle bit scared to go back home and have all the changes hit me really quick.The mission is a great learning experience and a faith builder. More than ever I am excited to get back. I don’twant everyone to think that I have changed, but the principles of the gospelare clearer. I have changed my attitude overall. It’s great to see the changes in others and in yourself. The mission is for all that. Right now my companion and I have an experiencea difficult decision soon and it will be in order to baptize someone. It’scomplicated to explain, but I am excited for the next few weeks because we willhave the opportunity to allow someone to make that decision. I have come to love them a lot for the thingsI have seen them push through and prepare themselves for one of the most importantthings they can do in this life. I testify that it is necessary and that it isa saving ordinance, baptism, because we have to use that power of the priesthoodto fulfill it. What a blessing it is to knowit will save us and bring us to our savior. Even though my baptism was so longago and I didn’t understand fully, it has helped me to continue to understandmy savior and to have him heal me again and again through repentance. TheAtonement is a divine power that we can use to change and I have seen it changelives. It’s for that reason I am here to invite people to partake of I and tocome unto Jesus Christ and to feel the difference. Mom I Love you so much.Thanks for helping me understand one of the best things a parent can teachtheir children is the Gospel.

Elder Ridley.

PS- Ya I already bought somethings for my birthday haha :) but...

for my Birthday: I need Socks Deodorant(4) by two packs forme if you can, candy, pictures of the family

No comments:

Post a Comment