Family,
I want you to know my week was rough haha, but not what you think. It was rough because for three days I had fever. I tried to work one day with a fever because I didn’t have permission to go to the house and rest. It started on Thursday and ended today on Tuesday. I believe it took me a lot longer to get over it because I didn’t just stop and rest until it got better. Only one day I stayed in the house all day and that was on Friday. It wasn’t the best thing in the world. I was on my bed all day, but sweating because my one little fan I have doesn’t do anything. I was just really uncomfortable haha.
The reason why I am writing today is because yesterday we had a zone conference with the president and the two zones from Monteria. It started off with all the new correction we are going to do and then it went to all the things we are not doing and what we need to do better. At times that’s what I feel like about the Zone conferences. They are always changing things around and it never stays the same and its always telling us what we are not doing. I know that change is good, but depends on what’s changing. I am excited more because finally president Gaviria said that he wants the mission to focus more on the things from preach my gospel. When he said that I thought to myself that I thought that’s what we already were doing, but supposedly not. What had taken place from when the old president Rowndey left the mission and president Gaviria came in the mission, has changed a lot. When President Gaviria came he took all the rules from the mission that President Rowndey had and changed them. Now slowly he is bringing them back, because the missionaries can’t seem to understand how important that obedience is at all times. When I think of disobedience I think of ingratitude, but of ingratitude for Jesus Christ and his sacrifice for us and all that he represents. Anyway President Gaviria had trust in the missionaries to do the right thing, but now he says he is going to be stricter with things and he is going to follow up more with us on how our progression is coming along and the things that we are doing in our areas. I don’t know how to explain what I learned this week in the conference, but my understanding of the Atonement increased so much. I understand as a missionary it’s so much more important than any other topic that we study because it involves the savior. I have come to understand that in order to because as his servant I need to learn how he is and not from information, but from what I do as a person. The reflection of what I do to apply the principles of the gospel and become like my savior will help me to complete what he wants done in the moment as if he were there with us or as if I were "him". I had never really thought of it in that way before. All the time when the people say that it’s not my mission and that it’s His mission and always talking about the spirit is most important. I believe that section 93 of the Doctrine and Covenants explains it all. I don’t think we can comprehend everything about the atonement and its power in everything, and we never will. It’s becoming a tool in my life more and more and I know as a continue to use the atonement it will help me to become more of the missionary every day, the Lord wants me to be and do. Even though I feel my mission had been rough for me I don’t doubt my faith...I will always look to the savior because I have never felt unhappy when I center myself in him. I know you all care so much and want me to have a great mission. I am beginning to realize just how important all of it really is. I don’t know who sent me the paragraph with Spanish in it, but Shayna yes I remember that night exactly and how funny it was....I don’t think I have laughed like that in a long, long time. Hey Shayna I don’t know what you will choose, but It would be really neat if you went to BYUI. Hey Ashley :) how’s it going with the baby? I know I don’t ask much about how it’s going in California and such, but I can’t wait to see baby number three! I love you all. Have a good week.
Elder Ridley
No comments:
Post a Comment