Elder Cody Nathaniel Ridley

Elder Cody Nathaniel Ridley
Barranquilla, Colombia

Monday, December 5, 2011

Dec. 5 2011

¡Buenas Familia!


I am a lot better this week than from the last week....the only thing is I am just really tired hahaha. Today was a great p-day. My Preparation day was going to the store to buy my companion some new shoes because the shoes run out quickly in this mission. Afterwards we went to get some food and we bought Pizza! It’s been a while since I had that haha. I usually eat rice with a little piece of meat. The pizza was pepperoni and we drank a sprite soda. I have pictures for you like you asked mom and I hope you and the family enjoy. The Photos are in the mall in Monteria. They have a lot of American stores at this mall and I took a picture by a giant Christmas tree. Even though it’s really hot here and the weather is the same all year around its still Christmas time and so there are decoration here in Monteria and in the main streets they have Christmas lights and on some houses. It’s nothing like the states though, but it’s something and so its gets me in the Christmas spirit more, but its Christmas for me daily as I ponder Christ always.

The other night on Sunday or yesterday we were able to go to the church at night and watch the Christmas Devotional and hear the talks, view the video of Christ birth and listen to the music from the tabernacle Choir. I am seriously in love with the tabernacle choir. I think it’s because the people here have no talents to sing the hymns, but it’s the intention that counts.

Reading you e-mail mom, I was able to ponder what you wrote about Skyler and what he was able to learn on his mission to apply the atonement more and how that was a value and strength which helped him a lot. I know The Atonement can help me. The thing is noticing what you lack and what you need to improve to repent of what is lacking in our life. For me, I am trying to fix all that my heavenly needs me to, to be a good "missionary". As I ponder a lot, I am no different from before I left, I am not the same person that God called. I have changed a lot. The thing I want to figure out, is what is the reason HE sent me here to be, because he called me to be who I am. All this time I have wanted to be one of the best missionaries, but it doesn’t fit me at this time, I understand I need to be who the Lord sent me to be. I am still trying to figure a lot out and I am working diligently. I feel that one day with the things I know and with the things that I get to do more each day in this wonderful work, that I will understand why.

I know I have slacked a little with the information of my companion and pictures and the work. The thing is it’s been up and down every week. I have seen results of consistency. The thing is I can’t wait to explain things in a few more weeks with Skype. I will prepare a lot better this time to talk more. Be patient with my English I might choke. I can’t tell you right now that I don’t have that much confident to speak in English. My Spanish isn’t perfect, but I use it every day and so I am use to speaking Spanish.

I know Ryan had written me the last week with a lot of questions. The thing is the mission is perfect, but it isn’t corrupt. President Gaviria is a very good President and his wife and he try to do all that they can to help us fulfill our purpose. I at times can look at the negative really easily and think of what can be improved with others, but that’s not always what should be done. The Lord knows and he will one day put everything in its place, but we’re in a state of learning and growing all of us and I can’t forget that. I am in a stage of finding out why I am here what the Lord expects of me and to find my "Character" as a missionary. I do Love being a missionary and I love trying to find joy in things and trying to change and help others change. I get the opportunity tomorrow to leave my home here in Monteria and train a new Elder. It’s what the Zone Leaders told me I will be doing this new transfer. Yep already the transfers are here on Wednesday and so I am leaving tomorrow on a plane to Barranquilla. I don’t have all the information, but I will make sure you get it all this week. I am kind of in a blank mode with everything haha. All I know is that I am going tomorrow one day before because that’s usually what the new trainers have to do every transfer. I have the same feeling of when I was in the MTC as the district leader, not knowing what will happen, but as I trust the Lord the things just come to me. I will remember to be steadfast and firm in what I know to try and help my new companion with all that he will need to know. I still feel like I am learning is the things haha. I have Faith that it will be a great transfer. Tell Everyone Hello. I love them and can’t wait to speak soon.

Elder Ridley

No comments:

Post a Comment