Dad!! and Mom haha.
I know you have been concerned for me a lot lately, and really throughout my life. You wonder how everything will turn out or how things will be better in time or you worry about my happiness. How grateful I am for that Love. In reality it comes from the Savior. I have gotten closer to my Savior since I have been here, but I have learned now how much faith I lacked before my mission. I have practiced a lot of faith in my Savior since I have been here and that’s what’s made a lot of difference. Many things that I struggled to do in my heart I have been washed away from something called my Savior or my SUPERMAN haha. I had the opportunity to talk to President GAVIRIA upon personal things not so much things in the work and it went very well and now I feel I can focus on fewer things and more on just Colombia. Mom when you try to say the President’s name role your tongue when you say the R and the I is pronounced like an E. Does that help? Anyways I know I haven’t talked much about experiences, but one that I think is really awesome is about an investigator who is getting baptized this Saturday! His name is German, but the G is pronounced like an H. He is a reference from the Bishop and his Family in the ward we serve in. He lives with them and travels around a lot. He had contact with the missionaries years ago, but then lost contact. His main thought is Jesus Christ and all he wants to do is this and this only. His desires are above what we need an investigator and that’s why we committed him this week We have only taught him several lessons, but only have met with him two times. This week we will meet with him some more and get him to have an interview. The only thing from stopping him from his baptism is this, but it should be a problem. Only two weeks! This is how it should be...ready and prepared. Lately it hasn’t felt like that way with my investigators, but I have feelings things are in progression in Colombia. I know this isn’t a lot.....and I didn’t reply much to what dad wrote and I hope that’s ok. The power went out where we live and where we have internet so we only had an hour and thirty minutes to write. Usually its 2 hours total an hour per missionary. And of course my companion gets an hour and I get thirty minutes instead of 45 minutes each. Anyways, I’m already past my time and need to get to work. Tonight we have Noche de hoger/ family night with our newest member Maria Elsi.
I love you all and tell Skyler and Ashley I will respond to their correos next time. Listo!?
Elder Cody N. Ridley
No comments:
Post a Comment