Cody received his mission call to the Barranquilla, Columbia mission. He reported to the Provo, Missionary Training Center on December 8, 2010. Cody will be a wonderful missionary. He has always been one with no fear to share the truths of the gospel to anyone. He has always had an abiding testimony of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. For him it is black and white...Either it is or it isn't! For Cody it has always been what was the right thing to do and follow.
Elder Cody Nathaniel Ridley
Barranquilla, Colombia
Monday, June 18, 2012
May 28, 2012
Mom.
I know I can write all the details and things, but at times I just get lazy. I know I shouldn't, but doing it constaintly every Monday it gets old hahaha. I will get writing again. I am going to be starting some new letters to send and hope
I will be able to get them sent off by the next transfer. The transfers came and your right....because I have been here already in Modelo and we had an emergency transfer I stayed here in Barranquilla. My companion Elder Martinez and I have one more transfer together. I am excited, but also a little not. The thing is is it's a huge temptation to talk in English and I have been doing it alot. I think I will have to set myself a goal and only talk in Spanish. I have been struggle in English to speak though and its realy wierd because at times I catch myself in what I am saying at it's super strange. The last few weeks actually have been a struggle. I am fine spritually and physically. Just I am finding it hard to work here with the members and we haven't been having success on our own in the streets. We really don't have anybody we're teaching or is committed to listening to us. The Perez family is a difficult family to get a hold of in the week and so we haven't been able to teach Luis the husband. I think we have passed by about everyday to see how they are doing or when we can come by and they never give us a straight answer. OH by the way I bought some new shoes for the last six months of my mission. I bought them at a Payless here haha for about 40 dollars. The first thing I did is went and changed out my soles from my old shoes, but they hurt my feet soooooo much in one day and they didn't do it good so I just decided to get some new ones. So, thats what I did today. I have been enjoying the new socks that you gave me. I think that I should be good with garmets and such for the last few months, but I will see.
Like I had told you before, we had a conference the week before and it was really good. I think it was the first time in all my mission I finally got what the mission president wanted for us a mission and as a missionary and so its helped me to refocus and set some new goals. I am really wanting to focus on a few key points and that would be the spirit, revelation, testimony, and teaching better. I have been confident in everything that I teach. I feel it has to do with speaking Spanish and if I had that confidence it would become easier, but that's not my situation. It will be a learning proccess even after I come home to better my Spanish and to do better at how I teach. I have come to learn that everything is an Eternal proccess and that we need to be diligent and patient in all things or it doesn't work out. Something amazing that is coming up is in September we will be having visitors come to the coast of Colombia and one of them is Elder Holland and few other general authorities. So I am really excited! Also I have been thinking a lot on what you wrote me a while back about praying and finding out what I want to do in the future and I just don't feel right now I will get an answer because I have been studying and searching to find out all the information I need to be able to recieve that revelation. So it will be on my list to do when I get home, but I really just am going to enjoy what I am doing here in Colombia and enjoy the mission :)
This last week I gave a talk and I had like no time to talk because the other Elders left me with 5 minutes, so I had to change a lot of what I shared, but I shared a scipture with the congregationa and told them that this explains everythingt that they need to do to from this point on and forward to have the gospel bless their lives and the lives of the Colombians. It's Alma 37:6-7. they talk a lot about how they want a temple, but really they need to prepare a lot and we as a mission are trying to help them, but I just don't see their efforts. I heard that to have the Temple in Bogata took over 15 years till the temple in Bogata was built and we can't wait that long. I know that if they do the small things that the blessing of the temple will come, but until they understand that it will not come. The church is strong and I have seen strong members, but they need a real growth to be able to fill the temple and to be participants in that temple. I am just grateful for what I have been able to do on the mission and to contribute helping the lord in his work. It truely is a great work and wonder. Tell everyone I MISS THEM AND LOVE THEM! I love you too mom. Speak to you next week.
Elder Ridley
Ps-- Shayna Paige Ridley. I am so glad to have seen you in your graduation pictures and to have seen how much you have grown. I am so proud of you and your goals you have achieved. I cant wait to be up in BYU Idaho with you! your not just graduating high school.....your succeeding in life and thats what God whats of us. Thanks for everything and for all that you have been for me as a sisiter in my life. I love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment