4-9-12
Nierda!!!! (WoW)
I Love the new photos of my new niece! Little Lyla/ Californai Baby :) Mom thanks for sending the photos I appreciate that a lot. She almost got born on Easter huh!? Supposedly everything went smoothly and the Lyla is in her new home. Tell Ashley congratulations for me. I know it’s a long road having to try to take care of someone for a long period of time. I feel that way with my companions sometimes hahaha. The other day my companion cleaned the bathroom and told me it was all done, but it looked basically the same, but when I clean the bathroom its super clean, but I give apreciation him for doing it. The mission office truly is horrible and so I will have to check that out to find if its sitting in the office my package. We have transfers coming up so I will make sure that they send it my way. Erik sent me an E-mail today with photos and everything. Its the first time I have seen him as a missionary and also in a photo in over a year! He looks so great and so happy. He told me 18 months till we can hang out again haha. I think it will be a little bit different from old times, but better :) So many people are getting married over there! Your right, a lot of changes. The two I can’t believe is Tim Sembreros and Kyle Grieder. Alexia broke off her wedding?? Do you know the reason why? It’s funny to here you talk about parking space at the church haha...because here they don’t have parking lots, everyone has motorcycles. There are tons of motorcycles and taxis so the churches are a little bit different. So the wards have changed and there are some new members. Do you like the new change? You had a normal sacrament meeting this past Sunday because we gave testimonies. Here for Easter they call it "la semana santa"(the holy week) they are a bunch of preachers talking in the streets and its "puras apostasias". I love how the church is so different from other churches. This week in Colombia was another excuse to have more parties. A whole bunch of "Bulla" (ruckes). It actually was quite difficult, but we finished the week off well. I am ready for the transfers. Don’t know if I go or not, but I have three transfers in Ciudadela already. I am honored to be here in Colombia right now when it is receiving many blessing. I am right smack in the middle of it. Although the members need to understand and learn a ton more I feel the key word is being faithful to the Lord and to learn how to worship him and by doing so they will be more ready for the temple to come and to do more work and to receive a whole bunch more blessings. I haven’t really been able to know what’s really happening with the other mission that will come in the near future, but we should know in the future because it will affect the mission Barranquilla. I hope I am not being a spectator and more of a participant. It’s like saying be a missionary and don’t just do missionary thing. I always am thinking if I can do more at times or what do I lack at a missionary, so much hahaha. I really felt like a pressure myself a lot at the beginning of the mission I think. It bugs me at time to know I am not perfect. It put me down a lot, until I put into practice what I have been learning and I read the search for happiness and it’s the Gospel. Everything is related to the Gospel and Jesus Christ and I have it all. Once I realized that I changed my attitude and knew that I have something to share with others and the happiness has come slowly but it’s part of my mission now and I am grateful for the guidance of my savior to help me and teach me in the moments of sadness that I have felt here on the mission because it leads me to strive again and again. I am so glad to know the fullness of the everlasting Gospel and to be a part of this great a last latter day work. Jesus Christ is everything to me. I love you mom and you all take care this next week. Until we write again.....
Elder Ridley
No comments:
Post a Comment