Elder Cody Nathaniel Ridley

Elder Cody Nathaniel Ridley
Barranquilla, Colombia

Friday, February 10, 2012

Feb. 6, 2012

Mom,

The work is progressing for my companion and I. I feel that we are reaching our goals, but the only thing is we need investigators that want to progress. Lately we have had 7 to 8 investigators that attend church in the past week. Wow, I can’t even think about how many people we are teaching in this moment, but I am pretty sure that we will slowly find the people, of all them, that will soon progress a lot more. I feel like all the investigators we are teaching at this time, understand and recognize the spirit more in their lives, to have them guide their agency better and feel that we are teaching them the truth. We have a ton of people that have the desires to be baptized, but they have to get married and they don’t have the money and might not ever get the money to do it, but keep going to church and live as if they were members.
Many times I feel the gospel and missionary work should be easy. I like it when you say that God only wants to share the gospel. I have so much more desire to be working then when I got here- not so much. I love seeing the changes in the people, but if I don’t do anything or try even more to help they won’t. Like you said, if I work with all my heart (serve with love) and strength, then the blessing will come. I have learned many things from other people and I love to tell them what’s happened to me in my life beyond our message sometimes. I know that I am working in a place that will one day be sacred. I hope I come back that I will be able to return here to Colombia for the dedication of the Temple. I hope in about two years after I return. That’s when I would like you and dad and maybe all the family to come to Colombia.
I love this privilege and I hope to have that experience. I want others to have had the same experiences as me or have felt the same, to know they are true. My savior has, I know, but it seems like we should always have our answers afterwards, so I keep trying and trying even when I don’t get an answer. Sometimes I don’t keep trying with that question because other things or other experiences come. I sincerely feel that I have so much patience while here, but there are other things that I would like to develop too. I have come to understand my two years here is like you said, “Work and teach.” Sometimes I don’t even know why I do the things I do. I AM SO TIRED!!!! Everyone says the mission is so easy, but I feel it’s been one of the hardest times in my life, but yet is a pretty wonderful experience at the same time. I just want to say at the end that I enjoyed my mission. That is my goal. I don’t think I will feel that way until afterwards, but I want to feel that NOW! hahaha.
Mom I am always trying to apply what I learned in church, but also what you and dad have taught me in the past. I know that the gospel has been special for our family and we have always felt that life was so easy, but the sacrifices you gave to me I am now giving to others. I love how that cycle goes and soon it will fill the world and everyone will come to the knowledge of the gospel which is the most special thing dad and you gave to me. I know that we can find security from the scripture or anything that reminds of our savior. I have a Savior I know he love me and my companion. He is helping us in our efforts for his children. Mom I am excited to see those pictures from this coming weekend.
Love you


Elder Ridley


Ps- Shayna Paige,
I am glad to hear from you. The time is flying by huh!? I feel the same. It means you’re working hard, haha :) You’re so diligent with everything and it’s what Heavenly Father wants-- so never think you can’t complete things and receive the desires of your heart. God knows all of them.
I can’t wait to hear where you end up going for college. I know that you are not so happy and that high school isn’t what we all think should be. At times I felt like my mission should have been perfect, but I guess I am still learning that God knows what’s best. I love you Shayna and can’t wait to see that smile that you won for the superlatives.

From your brother

No comments:

Post a Comment