Elder Cody Nathaniel Ridley

Elder Cody Nathaniel Ridley
Barranquilla, Colombia

Thursday, August 4, 2011

August 3 2011

Mom,
I am so busy I forgot to tell you that we have transfers and I am leaving Cartegena. I am leaving to MONGAMBO , Monteria. It's one of the farthest places from the main mission in Barrenquilla. I hear it's the hottest place in the mission too. Let's just say it's a lot different from where I have been serving in. Also, Elder Jorge and I had a baptism this week. Her name is Mary Monsalve. I know I have spoken a lot about here. I know you will have a lot of questions for me this next week and so I will try to prepare the best way I can next week. I till haven't shared some things that I have been wanting to share for the last few weeks now. I have a list of things so I will try my best next week. One big long e-mail next week. Tell everyone I said hello and that my life will change even more now that I am leaving my area to a new one haha. I love you mom.
Elder Ridley

Querido Elder Ridley, Cody Nathaniel, en este cambio que comienza usted trabajará en el area Mogambo de la zona Monteria 1. Su compañero será Elder López, Diego Yaroslao Toro. Su asignación será Compañero Mayor. Esperamos que tengan mucho exito en su area, el Señor los necesita!!! Cualquier duda con respecto a los cambios llamen a sus Lideres de Zona (ellos estarán, hoy Martes, desde las 2:00 p.m. hasta las 3:00 p.m. en sus casas).

Dear Elder Ridley, Cody Nathaniel at this change starts you will work in Mogambo area of zone 1 Monteria. Your teammate will be Elder López, Diego Yaroslao Bull. Your assignment will be greater partner. We hope to have much success in your area, the Lord needs you! Any questions regarding changes call their leaders from area (they will be, today Tuesday, from 2: 00 p.m. to 3: 00 p.m. in their homes).

Ryan,
Hey. You explained the chapter well enough that I won't need to look it up haha, but I will anyways because I have a lot of time because I am in the mission office all day today and nothing else. I won't lie I am not perfect I can say that I have held back at times. The thing that I have seen since my time here is my attitude. It's always up and down, but I have seen in the past few week go up and I am more excited to do things rather that study, study, study. I have felt more of a desire to study since my time here and less work but now, I am ready to put the things I am learning into faith and not hold back what I have come out to do. I know I have had only 8 months here, but I can see the difference from where I was at to now. I am grateful for all the times you and the family have spent to encourage me to do better because really that's all I want. Thanks for everything. Love you
Elder Ridley





Skyler,
I was not able to write last week, but I know that your birthday has come and gone, but I wanted to say Happy Birthday! I heard about all the great activities you have had this past week with all your buddies from the mission, President and sister Bullock. I also wanted to tell you that your last week's e-mail is the only one that I have printed out and kept, because....It has made a big influence on me to focus on what you have told me to do. The one thing that stuck out to me that you said is use the fear to motivate me. That is basically doing everything I am uncomfortable to do or can't do. Doesn't mean I won't do it, but it won't be done in the smoothest way haha. Yesterday I had a meeting with my district, and we watched a video from the district 2 about their experiences in the mission and there was one missionary that shared that when he pushed a little harder or stretched just a little more, is when the blessings came. It wasn't in the smoothes way or the way that he planned it or would have done it, but that it got done. The other thing that you mentioned was ask god if you should do something. I am going to practice working on the simple miracles or the simple truths to complete the work that I have been set out to do and that I am going to do it by making patterns of things that I need to get done and no exceptions. Thanks again for your brief comments and message to help me understand better. I take everything to heart when people give me advice. That might be something bad or not, but I always think of how it will affect someone else and if it will in a better way. I pray for the Lord to help in doing that. If not I don't consider it. I feel this will help me to help others and so I am going to commit to you that I would do it. Keep it touch how the rest of the summer goes. I know your busy, keep up with what you have set right now in your schedule and know there is an Elder in COLOMBIA that cherishes his brother. Love you
Elder Ridley

No comments:

Post a Comment