Cody received his mission call to the Barranquilla, Columbia mission. He reported to the Provo, Missionary Training Center on December 8, 2010. Cody will be a wonderful missionary. He has always been one with no fear to share the truths of the gospel to anyone. He has always had an abiding testimony of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. For him it is black and white...Either it is or it isn't! For Cody it has always been what was the right thing to do and follow.
Elder Cody Nathaniel Ridley
Barranquilla, Colombia
Monday, August 8, 2011
Aug. 8, 2011
Family,
I am well and excited to be working in my new area. I did get transferred to a new part of Colombia and it is called Monteria. It's the farthest I could possibly go away from the mission office haha and also the hottest in all the mission. I go from a really popular place in Cartegena, with lots of Americans that travel and a lot of things to visit, to a place they call a pueblo (a group of people). The best thing they have here is a big river, but it's completely brown water. I love it here! It's really calm and the people are really friendly and receptive. I feel it's a great place for me to be at this time in this mission.
I have a new companion named Elder Lopez from Chile. That's a little bit about my changes haha. I am senior companion yes, but my companion is the District leader. He has a year and 6 months in the mission and it's his first position as a leader "leader". All of us are leaders in this work and he understands that, and has asked me to help him with all that I can do. He has only three years in the church. He gotbaptized a year or so in the church before his mission. Our first lesson we had together was amazing and this week we invited 6 people to get baptized on the third of September.
I don't know what has changed in me this transfer this week, but the lessons just were so fluent. I do like your e-mails a lot to get to know what all is happening. I really at times I do live a spiritual life all the time and study not just during my study time, but every day. I am learning something new every day in reality and that include in Spanish and with people and with the work of the Lord. At times I do just like to read instead of try to teach and explain all the time. I feel like there is a lot changes every week with all you. This week changes a lot now that Ashley is having a new baby. When she has the baby, I will have a year and six month in the mission. During all that time, a lot will change even more. I feel like my life is changing but in a way that I never thought I would need to do or how I am experiencing it ( in a little city in Colombia). Like I have said before I love the word such as a mission and what it does for a young man. It has changed everything that I thought I could be, but even greater. I am working really hard to get back where I was at in my other area, back to square one and I took the things that I have learned from one area and I am applying more and more as I progress in this great work. I encourage you to do the same and find those things that will put you a step ahead of where you were at last year or even last week. The thing that has changed in me from where I was with a lot of fear has changed a lot and I have more trust in the things I can do with the Lord. I know this isn't all what you wanted to hear from me today, but I was doing other things all day like "cleaning the house" almost all day and my "clothes". I need to get other things done first so I can prepare for the next week. So, I didn't have all the time I needed to write only thirty minutes. I haven't forgotten to write more next week of what's been happening, but I will explain more next week with more time. I love you all! Have a great rest of the week and enjoy all the new things that will be coming up ahead and the things that you could experience. Speak soon.
Elder Ridley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment