Elder Cody Nathaniel Ridley

Elder Cody Nathaniel Ridley
Barranquilla, Colombia

Monday, August 20, 2012

Aug. 20, 2012

Aug. 20, 2012 Hey mom, Things are great here in the coast of Colombia. I‘ve attached a few more pictures for you all. I hope that you will all enjoy the time to look at them. The coast of Colombia is beautiful! I know that I don’t always share photos of what I do on a daily basis, buts only what I do on p-day haha. Throughout the week I am busy trying to get caught up. At times I feel we add things into our lives that we don’t need to and we create our own problems. I don’t want the end of my mission to be stressful, but I want to enjoy that last bit of the time to just enjoy being a missionary. I know I have had the whole mission just working and not having other responsibilities and its been nice now I have that responsibility now and I don’t know if it will be till the end of my mission or not, but I am learning more by being a district leader. I think this whole time on the mission the Lord has wanted me to learn from other leaders, but not really have the mantle of extra responsibility. These past few weeks I have felt the spirit work through the work and some of the best moments always happen when I know the spirit is with us. I remember you telling mom that I need to not plan so much but wait on the spirit and that’s what’s happened. Some times in the day I notice that the plans don’t work out. The other day we passed by a new investigator that we met from passing by a restaurant of a less active we were contacting. We teached him in his restaurant, but that day he was super stressed out and had a bruised hand but was needing to work, not knowing we were going to pass by. We passed by and noticed that he couldn’t really listen because he was needing to work, so we decided to help clean up the back kitchen for him. After we left and he was super grateful that we did a little act of service. Sometimes we are so focused on our own patterns and desires of things we need to do, but when people help we are so grateful and knowing that we that he felt good and the good thing is we gained his confidence. We are going to be passing by this week and hopefully we will be able to teach him how important the gospel of Jesus Christ is in our lives. We had transfers and my companion is from Peru. I met him when I arrived in the mission. His name is Elder Herrera. Elder Ridley Universidad: Dad I know I don’t really have any information to know exactly what I need to do to start school. I know I will be figuring out more of what I want to do as a career when I begin school again. I don’t have any friends that I know that will be going up there so I want to be able to just live close to Shayna and Brianne. I would like to be in the same ward as Shayna too. I know for the classes I need to take certain things, but I would like to have a music class (to learn to read music), a cooking class, a guitar class or even a snowboarding class and also, a Spanish class. The rest of the classes like math and English can you figure that out for me? If you have more questions you can ask, but that’s all I got for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment