Cody received his mission call to the Barranquilla, Columbia mission. He reported to the Provo, Missionary Training Center on December 8, 2010. Cody will be a wonderful missionary. He has always been one with no fear to share the truths of the gospel to anyone. He has always had an abiding testimony of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. For him it is black and white...Either it is or it isn't! For Cody it has always been what was the right thing to do and follow.
Elder Cody Nathaniel Ridley
Barranquilla, Colombia
Wednesday, December 12, 2012
December 3
Mom,
Last of three e-mails! Getting down to the end. It’s great to have heard from a lot of people today. I didn’t receive an e-mail form Skyler today. I did receive an invitation from Ashley to here Christmas party on the first haha. The e-mail from Elder Kennedy didn’t get sent correctly, it’s not there. I am glad that everything is all settled for school and that I will be up there with McCain. I did receive an e-mail form my trainer (Benjamin Barazoto). He is wanting to talk with me on Facebook haha. He told me he doesn’t know if I am back home or really close to finishing the mission, but he wants to talk so I am excited to get all caught up with many people in the next few weeks, but I know I am going to be busy. A different kind of busy haha. So McCain gets home this week. How exciting! AJ too!? So much great news. I am so excited really to be able to see everyone and to be able to talk in Spanish with Mccain and and Aj. I know that these last two weeks are very important weeks. The pace has been the same for me....I am working and studying and still passing by the scheduled plans. My companion and I have planned a few more activities these last few weeks to keep us focused and to also find some new investigators and give our investigators opportunities to get to know the members more. I will get the pictures sent by next week so that you have a the last little photos of the mission. I have 10 Gb full of pictures! I hope the pictures I sent that you have on the computer come our good because some I don’t have and some my old companions have. I will be finding them on Facebook to be able to get those pictures that I don’t have on my camera when I get back. I truly feel blessed for all that has happened on the mission and for my experiences. The other day I taught him about the gifts of the spirit because he had a question. We spent a good while in the studies talking about those and how they have helped me and how I know that they will help him and I invited him to seek those gifts that he feels will help others come unto Christ. I told him that I have been able to develop the gift of tongues and the gift of interpretation of tongues and the gift of a testimony and to share the gospel and to discern. The gift of the gospel is such a blessing in our lives and without it we are really nothing. My only fears are that my weaknesses don’t allow me to help the people that the lord has planted in my life to help. It’s time to push forward and start some new things. I am feeling more ready every day. I love you lots. speak next week.
Elder Ridley
Ps- I had talked with my president about a recommend for the temple because mine had expired, and he told me he would get that done for me, but I am sure it won’t. So before we go to the temple I would probably need to get a new one.
Next week I will send the last bit of photos and I would like you to by some food to be able to cook some Colombian food when I get back so I will be sending list of food, like coco rice and fish :) and avocado salad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment